|What is the EcoPass?
The EcoPass is purchased by employers for full-time employees, with an option to include part-time employees. The EcoPass is valid every day of the year.
EcoPass holders are 5-9 times more likely to ride transit than non-EcoPass holders.
The Eco Pass includes:
• Any local, express or regional bus every day of the calendar year
• FREE skyRide service to and from Denver International Airport (DIA)
• Boulder's Community Transit Network: HOP, SKIP, JUMP, BOUND, DASH, STAMPEDE and BOLT
• "N" bus route to Eldora Mountain Resort
• Light Rail
• Guaranteed Ride Home, providing free taxi service in the event of an emergency or an unexpected change
in work schedule
• EcoPass Extra providing discounts at participating merchants by showing your EcoPass
EcoPass Employer Benefits:
•Tax-deductible. Employers can offer transit benefits of up to $130 per employee per month as a pre-tax benefit
• Effective recruiting and retention tool
• Reduces air pollution and traffic congestion
• Proven morale and productivity enhancer
• Reduces employer payroll taxes via employee pre-tax benefit
• A demonstrated commitment to improving the quality of life in the community
EcoPass Employee Benefits:
• Reduces commuting costs and hassles
• Increases salary by using pre-tax dollars
• Eliminates parking frustrations
• Reduced stress, tension and fatigue associated with driving alone
• Improved morale due to employer showing interest in employees' well being.
Boulder Transportation Connections and GO Boulder offer up to 50% reimbursement of a company’s first year EcoPass contract and 25% reimbursement of a second year contract. For businesses with 10 employees or fewer, reimbursement of $60 per employee will be provided for year one and $30 per employee for year two. If the EcoPass contract is over $10,000, the reimbursement will be for three years of 25%.
To receive these reimbursements, an employee on staff is required to become a participant of Connect Boulder. In addition, your company could be required to distribute a before/after transportation survey to employees including some type of EcoPass promotion.
This EcoPass reimbursement program is budget dependent and subject to change based on fiscal constraints. Receipt of a year one rebate does not guarantee that a year two rebate will be available should budget conditions deteriorate.
OUTSIDE the CITY of BOULDER
NEIGHBORHOOD ECO PASS (NECO Pass)
RTD, in partnership with GO Boulder, also offers a bus pass program especially for neighborhoods called the Neighborhood Eco (NECO) Pass.